Zero infinitive digunakan:
- Setelah Modal Auxiliary (must, can, should, may, might)
- Setelah kata kerja Persepsi (see, hear, feel) Rumus: verb + object + zero infinitive
- Setelah Kata kerja ‘make’ dan‘let’, Rumus: make/let + object + zero infinitive
- Setelah ‘had better’
- She can’t speak to you.
- He should give her some money.
- Shall I talk to him?
- Would you like a cup of coffee?
- I might stay another night in the hotel.
- They must leave before 10.00 a.m.
- He saw her fall from the cliff.
- We heard them close the door.
- They saw us walk toward the lake.
- She felt the spider crawl up her leg.
- Her parents let her stay out late.
- Let’s go to the cinema tonight.
- You made me love you.
- Don’t make me study that boring grammar book!
Catatan: ‘to-infinitive‘ harus digunakan jika ‘make‘ dipakai dalam bentuk passive voice:
- I am made to sweep the floor every day.
- She was made to eat fish even though she hated it.
We had better take some warm clothing.
She had better ask him not to come.
You‘d better not smile at a crocodile!
We had better reserve a room in the hotel.
You‘d better give me your address.
They had better work harder on their grammar!